Sunday, July 23, 2017

A Card for My Girl on Her 21st Birthday

OK, I had put this one off for as long as possible, but the time had come.  Too quickly.

My girl is turning 21 today.  My mom heart was screaming at me that this cannot even be possible while my creative side (being held in check by said mom) was chomping at the bit to do what it does best.  Even so, the build up to the occasion was far toooooo intense for any part of me to even think about.  I couldn't bring myself to make the card.  Nothing was right.  Until the night before, of course! 


Side note:  The whole "night before" business is of course what led to such drab photos, but it is what it is, lol.

My girl is a rose gold kind of girl, so I used one of my favorite dies from Avery Elle to add a ring of hearts in a rose gold foil from my stash.  They form a frame around a circular window in the front of the card that I made with my 2.5 inch CTMH Circle Thin Cut Die.

Inside I used two brand new colors coming from Close to My Heart in August called Bashful and Heather.  I gotta say, I adore them both!  The balloon image is found on the Happy For You My Acrylix while the numbers are included in the beautiful Pen Pal Alphabet set.  That little bow on the balloon is so adorably delicate! 

I originally didn't use the circle die on the inside, but alas, I forgot to put my foam behind my card with I stamped the balloon inside the first time--and it was the easiest way to cover up the oops.  ;)

Oh, yeah!  I also used the new Charcoal color Ink for the word, birthday!
My "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from the CTMH Happy to Be Friends stamp set.  Did you know that if you buy two of these sets during Stampaganza in July you would get the third one free!?!  Every stand alone stamp set except the Stamp of the Month is included in this crazy deal!!


Only in July!


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet card! Don't you love Bashful with gold! Your heart wreath is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!