Sunday, August 31, 2014

Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!

Time for another Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!


You should be arriving from April's Blog!  If not, this hop is actually one big circle, so just keep on hopping.  You can find the entire line-up of Close to My Heart Consultants participating this month on Melinda's Blog.

I hope you are ready for some serious inspiration!

The September 2014 SOTM, Family is Forever, has an awesome tree image that perfectly fills a standard size A2 card front.  I combined it with a teeny, tiny stamp from the National Stamping Month #30yearsofhappy My Acrylix (also from Close to My Heart) to make a lovely little note for my sweetie.  ;)


I used a little technique that is super easy in order to get both the Cocoa and New England Ivy Inks onto my stamp.  First, I completely inked the main center trunk and branches using the Cocoa Exclusive Ink Pad.  Then I used a sponge wedge to dab off the brown ink on most of the leaves.  Finally, I inked up around the leaves with my New England Ivy Exclusive Ink Pad.  I really like the gradual transition in colors it produced.  Also, the time it took to add the second ink gave the solid trunk a bit of a worn texture as the ink separated...love it!


Now, I didn't want to cut out the little hearts from my stamp--YET.  There is no doubt in my mind that I will now, though.  ;)  That is one of the benefits of Close to My Heart's clear acrylic stamps--you can always alter them with our Micro-Tip Scissors! 

Anyhow, this time, I decided to add some pops of red with the Grey and Black Epoxy Bubbles. 


No, I haven't lost my mind--YET!  ;)  I simply colored the lightest color bubbles with my Carmine ShinHan Alcohol Marker! 


On the base of the tree, someone left a little sign from #30yearsofhappy stamped in Desert Sand Ink...


...certainly nicer than carving initials in the tree!  ;)

That is all I have for you today, and I have to run and stick this note in my hubby's lunchbox, so hop on over to Terry Ann's Blog to see some more inspiring artwork!  Thanks for stopping by!

Get Yours HERE!



4 comments:

  1. What a sweet little card, love the DIY red bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! I love how you colored the epoxy bubbles! I initially looked at the pic & thought you put contraband hearts on there ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet! Thanks for explaining your cool techniques.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for adding some sparkle to my day with your comments!